I have had quite a few people email me and ask me about legit online companies that pay you for taking surveys!
Cashcrate is one of the companies that I get paid through! Although the earnings are not significant I usually get between $20-$50 per month through this site for about 3-4 hours of my time per month! If I spent more time here...I could make more! I spend about 10 minutes per day completing 3-5 offers each time! Right now I only have earned $5.30 due to my busy holiday schedule...but I will be completing more in the next couple of weeks!
This is the first of a few sites that I will be giving a review on! It is currently the only one that I am a current member of. I am going to try some other sites but I will not post on them until I get the first check and make sure that they are legit!
Who they are...
A survey hosting site that hosts surveys for a variety of marketing companies. Members may select surveys to participate in and receive compensation for their time. CashCrate takes a percentage of the earnings for running their business, but passes the remainder of earnings (up to 75%) on to members.
How much can I earn?
The amount you may earn depends on how much work you put in at CashCrate. Some members earn the minimum payout of $20.00 each month, while others earn over $1,000 (including earnings from referrals). Speaking of referrals, CashCrate has one of the better referral systems out there. In the interest of full disclosure, the majority of my earnings come from referrals, but it is possible to earn a decent amount of money each month just by completing surveys. If you have a blog of your own, adding a CashCrate referral banner or link is a great way to diversify your income.
Most offers do require a valid email address, so it is a good idea to create a separate email account to dedicate to CashCrate. Otherwise, you will receive email from various advertisers at your primary email account. Remember though, this is not technically spam as you have agreed to receive offers by participating in the survey. Of course, this has little effect on me because I only check my dedicated CashCrate email account once a month or so.
How to earn money with CashCrate!
The fastest way to earn a $20.00 payout (which can easily be done your first day as a member), is to complete the 100% free offers. From the “Complete Offers” menu select “100% Free” from the “Show:” drop down filter. These surveys don’t pay as much, but they are typically shorter and do not require a credit card or trial-offer agreement to participate. When I work surveys these are the only ones I complete because I don’t like the idea of signing up for things just to earn money. I’m too forgetful and am likely to forget to cancel the trial offer in the required time. Stick to 100% free offers and the daily surveys, unless you are feeling adventurous.
When do I get paid?
Cashcrate's minimum payout is only $20. Users who meet it will have their payments processed by the 20th of the following month. So if you earn $250 in January, you'll get paid in mid February. The payments come from their account with Wells Fargo! I have not had one single problem with cashing the checks or receiving them in a timely manner (usually by not later than the 25th of the month)!
- I suggest keeping a log of the offers you complete and marking them off when they have been verified!
- Make sure that you read the last page of the surveys in detail. Some of them require that you confirm and email with them...and you may miss out on the pay-out if you miss this important detail!
- Use your main email address for CashCrate. Use a 2nd email address such as with gmail to do all your offers. You will get a lot of spam so you don't want to be bogged down having to look through a lot of emails.
- Make sure that you scroll down to the bottom of each page to see if there is a "Skip" option. This can cut your time down dramatically before you go and check "no" to the 20 or so that may be on the page!
- Be sure to clear the cookies off your computer between each survey. If you don't, some of the offers won't clear.
- Be sure to use your real information when filling out surveys.
- Do 2 or 3 offers then let those confirm first before doing more. This helps them confirm.
- I downloaded the program ROBOForm. It is a Free software program that you can download and enter your personal information in to help fill each survey out faster! You can go here to download it!
- Do Not Complete any of the Silver or Gold Offers (they lead to more surveys and eventually possibly asking for money). If you see a pop-up that comes up with a silver or gold offer...just "X" out of that page and continue the survey!
- Use their "confirmed surveys" post in the members forum area to see surveys that have confirmed for that day! This allows you to complete those offers first!
If this is something that you think you may try please use me as a referral here and help support SavingYourCents!
Once you have signed up here be sure to check out the referral link on their site to get your referral code and start referring yourself! You can make even more money with family and friends referrals!