Monday, March 16, 2009
I thought that it would be interesting to start sharing things that come in my mailbox each week!
Here is what I received this week...
Forbes Life Magazine (special edition)
Southern Accents Magazine
Coupon for $5/$20 at Dollar General
Coupon Packet that included fast food coupons (if you are going to eat out at all at least try to use coupons if they are available!) along with $1.50/1 Colgate Total Coupon and $1/1 Irish Spring Body Wash Coupon in it (will be using it at CVS for moneymaker)
Why am I sharing this information?
I was never one to sign up for samples and freebies online. I always received a ton of junk mail that I thought was a waste of paper...UNTIL...I started using coupons! I noticed that with almost every sample you receive...a manufacturer's coupon comes with it.
There are also many "Full-Size" product samples that are released throughout the year (for example the Muir Glenn organic tomato package, it had 4 full-size cans in it, along with the Schick Razors). I try to post as many of them that I see on my site to share with everyone.
Many times the more popular and full-size samples go fast so if someone directs you to a product that you use or may want to try...act fast and sign up immediately!
Some Great Tips About Samples:
* Make sure that you are on email mailing lists for the stores that you shop at and for products that you use. (Be sure to create a separate email account that you can log into and clean out once a week or so!)
* If you have children put the food/snack samples in their name! My daughter loves getting things in the mail and is so excited when things are mailed to her!
* Create an organized space (a clear shoe box bin would be great for this) for your freebies. Immediately open them and throw away any trash to prevent things from getting out of hand.
* Save your samples to use on trips.
* Donate these samples to local churches, to local shelters, or to nursing homes.
If you ever see a great freebie or sample and you would like to share it with us please send me an email! I will be glad to post it and give credit to those who send information in!