Many of you have been writing in asking about the Redbox DVD system and how it works.
Here in town we have a Redbox center at our local Walmart and at one of the BP gas stations. You can go here to find one near you!
Here are some specifics:
- The movie rentals only cost $1 per night
- All movies are due back by 9pm the following night
- If you do not return a movie you will be charged $1 per day for 30 days and then the movie is yours (not a great deal at $30 a pop)
- You can return the movies to ANY Redbox location (does not have to be the one you rented from)
- You can only use debit or credit cards to rent movies
- If you sign up online here with Redbox you can reserve DVD's in advance plus you will receive special email promotions that alert you to free movie rental codes
- When you rent a movie with a promo code be sure to touch the button on the screen that says "Rent with Code". You will be prompted to enter the code. Once you checkout you will still have to swipe your debit/credit card but you will not be charged for that particular movie unless you don't return it by 9pm the next night!
DVDONME (can use at any location)
BREAKROOM (can use at any location)
DVDATWG (Walgreens locations only)
7SD4BWL8 (works only at Stop & Shop locations)
Plus...when you sign up for emails (first time registrants only) you should receive a free (one-time use) promo code for a free rental.
Tip: Each "Freebie" code can be used once per card (not household). If you and your husband (or any one else) have multiple cards you can get multiple DVD's for free!